Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More adventures of "talking to americans"

It’s raining and because of good trail stewardship they actually close trails to prevent damage in wet conditions. It’s probably too progressive an idea to ever be considered for Winnipeg.

Because riding is out for the day I’m over at Panera Bread having some coffee and breakfast.

Clerk: Hi, can I help you?

Me: I’d like the breakfast power sandwich, no cheese please and a coffee.

Her: We actually stopped serving breakfast.

Me: Altogether or just for today?

Her: Just for today.

Me: What time do you stop?

Her: 10:30

                         We both look at the time. It is 10:31

Me: So that was like less than a minute ago.

Her: Yes.

Me: Umm, ok, are you sure?

Her: It’s after 10:30.

Me: Can I get the grilled ham?

Her: Not at the moment, our grill is still hot from breakfast. It has to cool a bit first.

Me:

Me:

Her:

Me: So, you can’t make me a breakfast sandwich because it’s after 1030 and you can’t make me a lunch sandwich because your grill is still hot from breakfast.

Her: Yes.

Me: Am I the only one here who thinks this is funny?

Her: Yes.

Manager: We can make you the breakfast sandwich Sir.

Me: Thank you, Now That’s good business.

Manager: (looking extremely pleased with herself)

Me: 2 power sandwiches no cheese please.



                   I grab my coffee, sit down and start typing this story. Here comes my sandwiches.



                  Both of them have cheese.





Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment