Saturday, November 14, 2009

So I was able to secure a steal of a deal on a full suspension Gary Fisher frame in the 29er persuasion.  I couldnt pass it up and the idea was to change the geared parts over from the Norco to the GF full squish.  (sorry for the technical terms; full squish = full suspension.  The norco was a hardtail {front suspension only})
Halfway through I ran into a roadblock as the seat post tube was thicker on the GF than the Norco so on top of purchasing new shifter cables, fork spacers and a derailleur hanger I will now need to acquire a new front derailleur.  Not a huge issue but that means I won't be able to ride the bike tomorrow as planned.  No worries, a trip to the local bike shop SHOULD solve this problem.  I say should because at this time of year, parts availability is not the greatest, and understandably so.
So anyway, pics should be up soon, as I documented the change of parts.  I also consumed a bottle of wine as I proceeded with this project and I noticed that productivity is inversly proportional to the volume of wine consumed.  Which is demonstrated by this post seeing as I am not done building up the GF full squish and yet, amazingly; I am writing in my blog. 
I know,  I know, it blows my mind too!!!
So anyway, as mentioned, I documented the changeover and I'll make a short but funny video about it to be posted on FACEBOOK. 
I'll post the link here as well.
Ok, back to the bikes.

4 comments:

  1. suggestion - go 1 x 9 - forget the front der. sounds cool, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Gord!!

    Wow you did that fast! Great video too- what's with the squishy stuffed animals? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video? I knew I shouldn't have deleted crap-book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link to the youtube version of the vid:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XDzgS6KHsU

    ReplyDelete